All Things New

Reading Genesis 2 while looking at the Hebrew for breath
Today as I study, it is dark outside. Today should be cold. The weather will change the new routine I have cultivated, taking a daily walk in the sun, planting succulents in soil on the back patio as the evening breeze cools the air. Today all things will be new. Today my routine will change...again. I have to think hard to remember my usual Friday routine. Let's see. Friday is my day off. So I would spend the day getting all the things done I can't get done during the week for my family and for myself. I usually spend some time mentally reviewing the message God has given me for Sunday and usually find myself back at the computer making changes due to new insight.

My new routine includes, more writing, more video creation, more phone calls but it also includes more reading, more walking.

Recently all things are new. As I study, pray about and listen to God about scripture for my sermon on Sunday, I am drawn to the passage in the Creation story found in Genesis 2. after God has made all things new in the Garden, he makes "first man",  Adam. We see God, as Creator breathing into Adam's nostrils to bring Adam to life. The word breath intrigued me. The Hebrew word the writer of Genesis used is  נְשָׁמָה neshamah. It means vital breath, divine inspiration or spirit. When God created us, he filled us with the vital breath of God, God's very own spirit and inspiration that comes from Hi and Him alone.

So yes, today, all things will be new. I won't be planning a big Easter family meal. I won't be shopping for Bunny things for my grandkids. I won't be visiting my very sick friend or my friend who lost his father. I will make phone calls and write cards instead. I may have to bundle up for a walk. No matter, I will find much to do because I will create my list with Divine inspiration that come from being filled with the same Spirit that raise Jesus Christ from the dead.

Comments