Back to School

Yikes! April 30th, the safer at home order expires. I am glad we are moving forward, I am concerned about a rise in cases, but I am mostly concerned about ME re-learning a few things:

  • I need to first learn how to dress my entire body. For the last two weeks I have only had to worry about what I am wearing from the waist up. Video conference calling doesn't show the rest. 
  • I will have to learn to NOT exercise in my pajamas. I mean at home, maybe. But going to Brickhouse Barre in my pjs is probably not ok. 
  • I will have to learn how to pack my lunch again. For that matter I will have to learn not to spend the day grazing instead of eating off and on, all day.
  • Back to putting make-up on everyday, is another lesson.
  • The list is endless.


Upon reflection, most of these lessons are relatively superficial, but something to consider, none the less.

What will you need to relearn? What lessons are worth re-learning? Maybe with the week and a half left, we need to survey those lessons. Some people I know, those that have had to keep working, those that chose to interpret the safer at home guideline differently than most, may have little to learn or to consider. Their lives could easily just keep rolling along. But for those that stopped, or at least paused, we have made changes. Some changes may have been good and some changes may have been not so good. I hope you didn't spend this entire time counting the moments you could return to your life exactly the way it was. My hope is that you found a few ways of life that could be improved upon; life lessons so to speak. Life lessons are best learned as you slow down enough to hear them, to feel them to repeat the change enough to make it part of your routine. 

Today:

  • Review the habits you have been cultivating over the past month.
  • Review the lessons that are positive and those that maybe need to go away.
  • Review your life, for your Creator, Sustainer, Savior for the future.
  • What lessons should you "hear" and keep as a part of who you become.
  • Read Philippians 4:8 & 9 *It's not to late to join our journey through the book of Philippians in the "Count it All Joy Bible Study". Message me.


Comments