Cat Toy

I eat grapes most every morning. I am not a huge fruit fan. Give me a vegetable over a fruit any day. But I do like grapes. Yesterday, Fin stole my grape branch that held the fruit. I couldn't find it. I found it this morning. He had batted it around the house enough that i stepped on it. That was not pleasant.
Ironically, as I eat grapes I read John 15:5-8 about being the fruit of the vine.
It is yet another formula:
*The vine (Jesus) connects to the branches of the vine (You)
*You cut the branches loose from the vine = the branch withers and dies.
*But so does the fruit.
You may think you are doing good things..great things. But separated from the vine (Jesus) you (the branch) are disconnected from life, nutrients, and stability. You dry up. Basically you are no more than entertainment for an ornery cat.
When you stay connected you stay healthy. That life giving health comes from the vine which is connected to the Tree of Life (God). God the Creator. God the Sustainer. God who wants nothing more for his creations (YOU) to stay in Him.

Reading the same passage in other versions is often eye-opening. Check out Eugene Peterson's interpretation in The Message.

Today:
*Live intentionally in God
*Give everything you do to God's glory
*Pick yourself up by lifting another
*Help keep everyone connected

Comments