It's Not March Anymore

I walked into my office for the first time today to do more than just grab things and go back home. I spent a few moments rearranging my desk. reacquainting myself with all my work tools and then staled into to work. Glanced over and saw this.


My calendar still on March. They month we vacated the office. It is May (for those of you that have lost track.) The staff have ventured back for distanced office work, but holding onto the work from home mode for a while longer. One of the tasks at hand is looking toward the day we return to worship in the actual church building. We have not stopped worshipping but we it will feel good to be back here together after so long. Many churches never stopped meeting and some have gone back in various and unique ways. 

As I Study I am reminded that we all have ways of doing things but one thing is for sure - we are worshipping. And we are not just worshipping in some vague space but in a sanctuary. It is not a sanctuary made with human hands but one made by God, himself when he created us.



As you praise, you enter into a divine sanctuary. "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?" I guess that's why I am not worried about not being here. The concept of "here" is a temporal construct. The Divine is not bound by earthly perimeters. 

But I do miss my people and I am anxious for them to flood this building, distancing, of course, most in masks, joining holy community. It will be soon. Do not lose heart.

People need people. And I can't wait to be with people that aren't my house people. People crave worshipping community. We are built for it. That day is coming. In the meantime, be reminded that worship takes place within you. You have already entered into a sanctuary built by God himself. 


Today:

  • Praise and worship
  • Live like you are in the church building all day
  • Turn your calendar to May


Comments