Like So ...Like That!

My friend, Nicole and I have found the sister that connects our souls. Her name is Tabitha Brown. She is a social media influencer. You can find her on Instagram, YouTube and TikTok, which is where I found her. She doesn't sing or dance or show off her fashion sense. She cooks. She cooks vegan. I am not vegan and although Nicole is exploring vegan for a season, she is beautiful, genuine and has a great love for God; everything you would want in a sister. And her recipes for cooking vegetables is amazing, vegan or not, you need to eat a vegetable everyone and then. 

Her voice draws you in. I liken her voice to warm honey being poured slowly all over you as she speaks.
via GIPHY
Her voice is sweet, southern and slow. Her recipes are often not perfectly measured (my favorite form of cooking.) Her measurement for many spices are "like so, like that." She suggests certain flavors and encourages the listener to use as much, or as little of a certain spice by telling us, "cuz that's your business." In other words, you know your palate, your body, and your needs. We are all different.

I feel the need to tell you why I didn't blog the past two days. I didn't realize people actually read these daily and apparently they began to question if I was okay. Who knew??? I wasn't "gone", I found I needed to study. I got lost in scripture. I am prone to do that. I read more than I wrote. It happens. I spent a few days soaking in God's Word, like so, like that. I can do that, cuz it's my business. My body, soul and heart must have needed it. I am blessed to be missed. thank you.

As I study, today, I was led to 2 Corinthians 4. Paul reminds us that we may be at the end of our rope but we never really are at the end. All of our risks, humiliations, trials of patience, are opportunities for Christ to demonstrate his power and presence in and through us. If we let him do what he does.

Many of you are returning to church services in a building, some are not. Some are still worshipping online and some are experiencing assembly in parking lots. I am in love with the various expressions of worship. That is what all of this is about, isn't it, Christ demonstrating his power and presence through us as we worship? Worshipping our God and our Lord and Savior and through the power of the Spirit can be done wherever, whenever. Thank you Jesus! The early Christians in the church of Corinth were facing persecution and death for worshipping. We have been asked to be careful, there are no legal mandates for churches. What I see are individual churches navigating this new territory of re-entering the building and keeping everyone healthy in the way that suits their church family the best, cuz it their business. How cool is that - we are different. During the time fo persecution of early Christians, many gathered in various locations to stay safe as instructed by Paul. We are all stasing safe in different ways.

I have a friend with a huge sanctuary that he has worked hard to fill up. It isn't filled, yet. He is blessed to have space to safely meet together. Not all buildings, church populations and resources are the same. The building in which I serve, has a small sanctuary that is beautiful and historically registered. It is over 200 years old. With age comes lower ventilation and due to closely packed pews, and on a normal Sunday we are piled up on top of each other. We also have, like many churches, a larger number of folks that were raised that if the doors are open, you go to church. As a pastor, I cherish that raisin' but some of those folks would be vulnerable if they came to church packed with people and someone inadvertently came ill. W have enough of a problem in normal cold and flu season. What we do have a copious capabilities to reach people outside the walls through internet, DTC3 TV, porch visits and love. We are blessed in so many ways. But we are figuring this out, weighing and pondering different ideas, much like Tabitha Brown offers up seasoning suggestions, like so...like that. Take heart - we will join together in person soon.

Today
  • Pray for all pastors navigating this really weird time
  • Pray for people anxious to return to church
  • Pray for people afraid to return
  • Pray for yourself to allow people to make decisions as if it is their business

Comments