Strawberries!!!!

Yes, I usually eat breakfast while I study. And, yes, this morning I couldn’t wait to take a picture before I gobbled down my toast and strawberries. Most fruit is not on my list of fave foods. Veggies win my heart. This morning the choice was grapes (again) or left over broccoli...as I grabbed the broccoli, I remembered! I have strawberries. Strawberry Ice cream sold by Chapel Hill UMC, amazing, strawberries covered in chocolate, mmmm, but fresh, plain strawberries never appeal to me unless, they come from a strawberry farm right off the vine. This would be why I don’t eat a lot of strawberries. But today I have them. Why? A wonderful church friend brought them to me from local Catesa Farms. Oh. My. Goodness. 

As I study today I came across a passage in Philippians. Paul was urging the church there to not just care for others but to think of others first; to think of others as more important than you. The actual word “hyperecho” means to hold above yourself. 

I am thankful I was held above another. Today I will question myself. I will make the intentional effort to think of others in all I do. I am sure shifting my focus will bless me too. I believe Paul was speaking of a way of life, not an act of kindness here and there. 

Today:

Question your motives, your focus. 
Put the lives of others before your own. 
Have a beautiful day. 

Comments