When Will Be the Day?


What makes a day special? Lately, so many days seem exactly the same as the day before. Whether you have been at work through all of our quarantining or whether you have been sitting at home, many of our days seem the same. At my house most days begin the same: outdoor breakfast, PuppyCat stalking birds and toads until he needs an early morning nap, Lola on guard, sitting sentry, watching over our yard, keenly listening to every sound, barking away whatever may threaten us, AnnaBelle thoroughly annoyed with morning.  And I begin my work day. I can't help but wonder what can make a day special? 


Does a day become special with what happens through the day? As I work through daily tasks from home and in the community and sometimes at the office, will that be special? Is a day special because we get to enjoy special treats, a special meal, fun with friends? As we slowly regain a healthy stability and businesses open, vacations happen, activities resume, will that make our days special?
As I study...today in Romans, I read in the 14th chapter: "One person regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes a special day does so to the Lord; he who eats does so to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. I realize, The days we give to the Lord are the special days. Whether the day is Sunday, or a weird Thursday at work, or even at a ball field, a day is special (and only special) when it is given to the Lord.

When a day is given to the Lord you are blessed, barak in Hebrew, makarios in Greek, meaning to be given the highest good. The highest good...special. 

Tomorrow I know my day will be special. I get to worship with those I love. Some will be present and together and we will form the church. Some will be present in another place or time and we will join together to form the church. The day will be special because we will have given that day to the Lord. But for today, it will be special also. It will be special because as I spend it with family, in prayer for friends in crisis and, hopefully, find a little time for leisure, I will give all of those things to the Lord so today shall be special. I really hope he wants bulldogs, puppycat, toads, grandkids and a few crisis laden prayers.

Today:
  • Who will you dive your day? A coach, a mall, or God?
  • As you feel special/blessed, make others feel special by letting your blessing shine to others




Comments