#Basic

#Basic! "She's so Basic." "That outfit is soooo basic!" Apparently basic is bad, these days. Check out the Urban Dictionary definition of basic. 

But here is my world today, plaid old man pajamas that are at least 10 years old, eating plain oatmeal for breakfast. My coffee is black, hot and STRONG. No whipped, vanilla, iced, latte mocha venti coffee for me today. No cool, stylized breakfast photos today for me. AnnaBelle is unceremoniously sleeping at my feet. Fin not doing anything cute or funny and Lola is doing her poop thing in the yard. ( I will save you that photo.) 





My workout today wasn't in my favorite gym (Brickhouse Barre.) I worked out at home, on a dog hair covered yoga mat. I couldn't get more basic than this if I tried. 
My life is usually a little more fun, I guess. Usually the critters are entertaining. And for the most part, with me trying to live a more healthy lifestyle I get to take some pretty cool workout and food pictures, for sure. Our porch is still lovely but frankly, by 9am I am out. this current humidity is NOT basic. 

I can give you the reasons why my life is so basic right now. Joe is recovering from surgery so new plants because he needs to lay low. Food needs to be pretty low key and puppy cats and bulldogs are serving as caregivers for the patient so they are hovering closely and trying to be still.







But is being basic really a bad thing? As I study, I see Jesus as living a simple life. I see him urging his followers to live simply and intentionally. But today, as I peep into the world of the church in Corinth (2 Corinthians 1), I see a group of people that struggled with understanding this new life they had been given and how to live into it. More importantly, they had a bit of a struggle with communicating the Gospel message to others. 


It seems as if they were trying to make it hard, flashy, complicated. But God's message through Christ is basic: Put God at the forefront and allow God to work through you to others. Your life doesn't have to be big or extra. In fact, that is what God wants for you. God wants your life to be rich, intentional and God filled. If special things come your way, let them come from God and then thank God for His rich blessings in your life. Let God create the grandness in your life, rather than your manufactured extra-ness. God WILL bring good to you. But, if anyone is headed to Starbucks today let me know, asking for a friend. 😉





Today:
☕️ Be basic
🍞 Love the life God gives you
🌷 Don't be a diva

Comments